The U.S. Bishops (USCCB) and Catholic Relief Services are developing a seven-part video series on Catholic Social Teaching focusing on the seven fundamental themese of the Church’s teaching on social justice. The videos will be released every three weeks, leading up to the beginning of Catholic Relief Services’ Rice Bowl program for Lent 2016. The first part, on “Care for God’s Creation” is available here.
The seven themes, as developed by the Bishops, are as follows:
- Care for God’s Creation
- Call to Family, Community, Participation
- Life and Dignity of the Human Person
- Dignity of Work and Rights of Workers
- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- Rights and Responsibilities